Tempurpedic Alternatives

Phoenix,
You have said there are mattresses that offer the same kind of support and quality available from Tempurpedic, but at a better price. Can you provide some specific brand names please? Thanks for this site, by the way.

Hi davegnewman,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “approximate” or “match” another one in post #9 here.

The mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (in the optional online link) and many of these sell mattresses that are specifically designed to approximate many of the Tempurpedic mattresses in terms of comfort/pressure relief and support/alignment. Many of these also use similar (or sometimes better) quality materials or have a similar design and are all in lower budget ranges. For these mattresses … testing the equivalent Tempurpedic mattresses locally can give you a good sense of how their mattresses will feel and perform. Because there are also many subjective factors in the “feel” of a mattress that can vary from person to person (different people may have different opinions about how two mattresses compare) and because the Tempurpedic mattress that you are using as a reference point may sometimes not even be the best match for you (depending on how how carefully you tested them) … many of these online retailers or manufacturers also have very good exchange or return policies that can reduce the risk of an online purchase that you can’t test in person before you purchase it just in case your actual sleeping experience on the mattress indicates that it isn’t as good a match for you as you hoped for in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

There may also be some local options made by other manufacturers that are also very similar to one or more of the Tempurpedic mattresses but since most of these wouldn’t specifically compare their mattresses to specific Tempurpedic models you would need to test them in person to see how they compare in terms of PPP based on your own experience and of course you would also need to make sure you find out the quality of the materials inside them so that you can also make sure that they don’t have any weak links or lower quality materials in their design (see this article)

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses and there is more in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a mattress (local or online) that can help minimize the risks of each of them as well.

Phoenix