The search for a full Latex mattress is on!

A friend recommended that I do some research here on this forum to help us narrow down a full Latex mattress for our bedroom. My wife and I have been on a number of different mattresses and we don’t agree on anything. Until we went to a not so local furniture store and had an "assessment " done for free. The sales person took us straight away after that to a mattress from PranaSleep Vinyasa Luxury Firm line. It was by far the most comfortable mattress I’ve ever been on. My wife agreed and we were both happy and ready to move forward on getting this mattress. That is until the sales guy showed us a $6K price! :ohmy: Yep, not a chance in hell are we paying that much for a mattress.

I’m hoping we can find something just as comfortable at a better price now online. The search is on.

Hi Rockrivr1,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

You can read more about the Prana Vinyasa mattresses in post #3 here and this thread and I would be very cautious with these because they use thicker layers of polyfoam on top of the latex so you would be feeling polyfoam as much or more than the latex and they could also be a “weak link” in the mattress (I would tend to avoid one sided mattresses with more than “about an inch or so” of lower quality/density polyfoam in the top layers).

The tutorial includes this link to the members of the site that sell mattresses online and many of these sell some very high quality and value latex mattresses with many different options and designs that would be well worth considering.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix