The Serta iComfort mattress ... what's the buzz

Hi LiLiBug,

It’s too bad about the Arizona situation because AZ has some very high quality and great value mattress manufacturers. If you let me know the name of the store though, … I’d be happy to take a look and see what they have that IMO may have better value.

There are not a lot of great options in NH but here are a few … and if you are close enough to another state like MA to make a drive worthwhile, then there may be other options as well.

http://www.sunsetmattressfactory.com/index.htm Ossipee. Independent factory direct manufacturer that makes some “old style” and good quality innerspring/cotton mattresses with working box springs that are good value.

Milford. Retail direct outlet. Carries several memory foam and latex options from Therapedic which may have better than average quality and value.

Various NH and MA outlets. Retail direct outlet for Jordans Mattress Factory which has their own house brand (I would ignore the major brands they carry). Their memory foam mattress descriptions don’t say the type of memory foam or density but the polyfoam used in the support core is a lower density/quality (1.6 lbs) than is usually used. Their latex over polyfoam mattress uses better quality poly under the latex but doesn’t give the type or layer thickness of the latex which would be important to know (so you know that it’s not just a meaningless layer hidden between other layers of cheaper foam).
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: milliondollarmattress.com/contact.html| Archived Footprint 2: jordans.com/About%20Us/Store%20Locations.aspx?source=topNav

Post #4 here has a larger list centered in the Merrimack, NH area (including these three).

If a quality mattress that fits your needs and preferences and has good value is not available locally, … then the mattresses that you have tested and provide the best combination of pressure relief, sleeping alignment, and your preferences can be used as a “guideline” for an online purchase which may have much better value than what is available locally.

Phoenix