Thoughts on this all foam mattress - comfort option

https://www.comfortoption.com/shop-mattresses/c-18-45

I need a new king size mattress. Looking for something cool, help back pain, a little bounce, and durible.

I was considering diy latex, but my wife is allergic.

I also will need a foundation or box spring. Our bed is deep.

Hi neednewmattress20,

Since this mattress has a top layer of memory foam, it may sleep warm for some people.

As for helping back pain, It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences).

Since this is a polyurethane foam mattress it will have very little bounce and motion transfer.

As for durability, the core is a 2.8lb high density foam, which is in the higher end density in terms of quality and durability. There’s no density rating for the other two layers so you may want to contact them to find out that information.

Did I answer all your question?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!

Mario

[quote=“MFC” post=84747]Hi neednewmattress20,

Since this mattress has a top layer of memory foam, it may sleep warm for some people.

As for helping back pain, It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own personal preferences).

Since this is a polyurethane foam mattress it will have very little bounce and motion transfer.

As for durability, the core is a 2.8lb high density foam, which is in the higher end density in terms of quality and durability. There’s no density rating for the other two layers so you may want to contact them to find out that information.

All the Best!

Mario[/quote]

Thank you!

I just received a response inquiring about the specs:

all of the foams in the C-18-45 (memory foam included) are actually a form of Polyurethane foam. The Copper-Infused Memory Foam is 2.5 lbs/cubic foot, the middle hybrid layer is 3.0 lbs/cubic foot, and the base is 2.8 lbs/cubic foot. All of these would fall on the higher end of the density scale, so they should definitely be plenty durable.

Thoughts? Should I be concerned that the memory foam is actually a poly foam? Forgive my ignorance.

Thank you

Hi neednewmattress20

No, there’s no concern. Most poly foam found in North America is CertiPUR-US certified standards for content, emissions, and durability, and has been analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories.

The only concern I have, is the density of the memory foam. You state it has a 2.5 lb density which does not fall under TMU recommended guidelines, which would be preferable in the 4 to 5 lb area.

All the Best!

Mario