Tried Savvy Rest, Looking at Sleep EZ?

Good evening all,

We have been on a mattress journey for a few months now. Started out at mattress firm, and after some internet research decided that we wanted to try latex mattresses due to the custom options and easy ability to swap layers due to preference or wear over time.

We started out ordering a Sleep EZ hybrid, but we have not been comfortable on this, even after a layer exchange. We finally tracked down a place within an hour where we could test an all latex mattress, and we found that my wife and I have very different preferences in a mattress. Simply put, we tried the Savvy Rest demo mattress where one side was their firmest offering (firm/firm/medium) and one side was their softest offering (medium/soft/soft) and my wife and I both felt that each side was the one for us (myself favoring the firmer side as a stomach sleeper). While it was great to be able to go to a show room and test a promising mattress that should last a long time, their no return policy coupled with a very high price tag is a bit unsettling. We know that we can go to a company like Sleep EZ and get a comparable mattress for $1,000 less with the ability to return it should we be unsatisfied.

After conducting a search, I do believe this is a common topic, but I was not able to find anyone who followed up with their experience. With that in mind, I am wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation for choosing a Sleep EZ custom setup based on Savvy Rest preferences? They have advised that for “for both Talalay and Dunlop, our soft is 19-22 ILD, medium is 30-32 ILD, firm is 37-40 ILD, and extra firm is 44 ILD.” I was able to find on this site that in the past Savvy Rest has reported ILD ratings that indicate that their soft layer is more like the Sleep EZ medium, and their medium is more like a Sleep EZ firm, etc. I know there are many different factors other than ILD, and it will probably be impossible to get a true/direct comparison, however I am hoping someone may be offer some kind of experience that can help inform us given the price tag and non-returnability of the Savvy Rest product.

Thank you all in advance,
Tyler

Hello Tyler and thanks for the inquiry! In our experience, when customers try a Savvy Rest mattress but come to Sleep EZ to order it, we’ve recommended that they choose the layers based on the terms used to describe them (soft, medium, etc.) and not the ILD numbers and we get zero complaints in that regard. So if you like m/f/f in their showroom, you can just order our m/f/f and it should work out just fine! Please keep in mind that even if you lay on a mattress for hours in a showroom, you still won’t know if it’s right for you until you actually sleep on it and allow your body time to adjust. Also, our initial recommendations have a 90% success rate (we only have a 10% layer exchange rate) so there’s a 90% chance that our recommendation works perfectly for you. But, most importantly, if you try that set up and find that it’s too firm or too soft, you can unzip the cover and rearrange the layers or request a layer exchange to adjust accordingly and get the mattress fine-tuned for your specific preferences & needs. As such, the best thing you can do is pick the setup that has the best chance to be successful for you and adjust from there (if needed). My advice is to order the same firmnesses from us and you really can expect it to be quite close to what you experienced in the showroom.