Trying to find a similar firm mattress

Hello,
I currently have a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Gia Extra Firm mattress and love it. For a few reasons, I need to get a new mattress and am having trouble picking a new one. I would gladly just buy the same one, but they do not make it anymore. I have gone to a couple of stores and have been recommended the Simmons Beautyrest Signature Hartfield Luxury Firm and the Simmons Beautyrest Silver White Pearl Luxury Firm. I’m having trouble even finding somewhere where I can compare the two–does anyone have a recommendation between the two or something else that’s more like my old mattress? Thank you for your help!

Hi Fjfj31,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Mattresses are rarely produced in exact matches when models are changed within a lineup, and attempting to find something that is exactly the same is often a frustrating and futile exercise. There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same type of materials, components, cover and quilting, layer thicknesses, layer firmnesses, and overall design (which would be fairly unlikely) then there really isn’t a reliable way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) based on the specifications of the mattresses (even assuming that you can find out all the specifications you would need for both mattresses you are comparing in the first place).

While you may be enjoying your current mattress, I generally advise against the major brands such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta, as they all tend to use lower quality and less durable materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors. This lower quality material will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay, which is why I would generally suggest avoiding all of them completely (along with the major retailers that focus on them as well) regardless of how they may feel in a showroom along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

As it is evident that you like a quite firm surface plushness, my best advice would be to seek out a product that has a surface comfort that is similar to your current mattress, but one that uses higher quality materials. The mattress shopping tutorial here outlines the steps in picking out a new mattress and also has links detailing the quality of materials I recommend you attempt to find. Many of the site members here are experts and specialize in mattresses that are firm using better quality materials, and they can be a good source for such a product, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for your consideration. If you are interested in shopping locally, you can provide your zip code and I can see if I am aware of any better options closer to your home.

Phoenix

Finding the similar mattress is a very tough job. If you are necessary to find this bed so, you can search for the same brand.I hope you can easily find the mattress. You can also search on: http://sleepdelivered.com/