Tuft and Needle vs Bed in a Box

Hi tsume,

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Johnson City area are listed in post #2 here which may be helpful.

It wouldn’t make a difference for me and a warranty isn’t nearly as important as the quality of the materials in a mattress. You’ve probably read this but for the sake of others that may read this there is more about BIAB in post #2 here. The most common issue that comes from using lower density memory foam is foam softening and “virtual impressions” (without a visible impression) which results in the loss of comfort and support which aren’t covered by a warranty because there isn’t a visible sag that is deeper than the warranty exclusions (see post #174 here about mattress warranties).

Because of the exclusions and because they only cover defects and don’t cover the main reason that a mattress needs to be replaced which is the loss of comfort and support … mattress warranties are often more about marketing and aren’t a good or reliable indicator about the durability or the useful life of a mattress. There is more about the many factors that can affect durability and the useful life of a mattress in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

Tuft and Needle is a member of this site which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality and value. They are really an apples to oranges comparison with a memory foam mattress (they are a thinner polyfoam mattress) but they are well designed and use good quality durable materials (about 2 lb polyfoam) which is very unusual in this price range but it would also be important to talk with them about whether their mattress would be a good match for you in terms of PPP. They also have a good return policy that has no real risk in case the mattress doesn’t work well for you when you receive it and sleep on it but if it does work well for you then at least you know it uses durable materials.

Phoenix