vegan latex mattress - NYC area

Hi blackriderx,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

More specific to your own particular needs and preferences … post #2 here and the posts it links to has more information about organic, natural, safe, and green materials that can help you differentiate between different terminology and help you decide on the materials that you are most comfortable having in your mattress so you can narrow your choices down to materials that fit your criteria.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

Yes … wool is one of the best temperature regulating materials and can make a significant difference for those that tend to sleep hot. There is more about the pros and cons of wool quilting vs stretch knit unquilted covers in post #6 here. There is also more in post #2 here about the many variables that can affect sleeping temperature.

You may have read some of these already but you can read some of my thoughts about Essentia and some of the misleading claims they make and some forum discussions with them in this thread and this thread and posts #3 and #4 here).

You can see my thoughts about Plushbeds in post #2 here. They are certainly a “better than average” choice but for many people they wouldn’t be the “best value” choice compared to some of the other options that they have available to them.

Unfortunately nobody else can feel what you feel and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to use specs (either yours or a mattress) or "theory at a distance to predict which mattress would be the best match for someone else in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Testing a mattress in person using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post is the most reliable way to predict whether a mattress is a good match for you but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the best approach would be a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced online manufacturer who can help “talk you through” the options they have that have the best chance of success and who will know more about their own mattresses and “matching” their mattresses to different body types and sleeping positions based on the “averages” of their customers than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the New York City area (subject to following the steps and guidelines in the tutorial post) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix