What do you think of my DIY bulid for a plush, hugging bed?

I love Pillow Top beds. I tried Sealy Posturepedic plus hybrid Point 14 plush mattress and loved it but after reading the post here I realized that they are low quality. So went to a DYI mattress store in Dallas (Dallas Natural Mattress) and found out that I like beds with coils not just all-laytex bed.

So this is my build

8" Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa coils

2 inch soft sleep on latex topper

2-inch soft Talalay Latex Mattress Toppers

1. Is 8" Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa ($300 + $100 for shipping) coils the best deal for the price and quality?

2. What can I add on top of my bed to get a plush, hugging feeling?

I wont speak to prices and best deals. If you are comfortable with a price and it is in your budget. Then, it is a value to you, and that is what matters. I think in your new build, you left off your base layer for under the coils that you previously had. The soft talalay is what will give you that plush feeling. The SoL is a dunlop latex, they do nice quality materials. I would still consult with Custom Sleep Technology. Go to his site, or chat with him here. He really is an expert with latex materials. He will want to know your height, weight, body type and age to make a competent assessment. Good luck with your diy build.

Hi TeaKay,

@Maverick has some good insights, as always…I did want to mention @EXP-CST - Custom Sleep Technology not only has a unique ‘Body Profile questionnaire, but also now offers a free 1 hour zoom consultation you can book on their member profile, where you can get individual assessment from one of their sleep experts.
It looks like you are almost there with your build, and hopefully they can help you with any adjustments or tweaked to your layers so you can have a mattress optimized for your exact sleep profile!

~ Basilio

1 Like

Hi, TK,
Totally agree @Basilio , if you are going to do this yourself, then utilize all the TMU members have to offer. I have queried Bob at Custom Sleep Technology many times, sometimes on just random mattress questions, and he is always spot on. You have help, take advantage. Good Luck!