$100 off $500+ Tuft & Needle Purchase - AMEX Credit Card Holders

Hi m12w,

[quote]Bought the mattress and I’m so disappointed in it.

I’ll give it another few nights, but the mattress is honestly a sad excuse for a bed. I’ve ordered cheap memory foam mattresses online in the past (Overstock, Amazon) and the T&N seems to have cut corners even the aforementioned mattress companies didn’t bother cutting.

Like I said, I’ll update with a full review in a few days, but my initial reaction is disgust. [/quote]

I’m sorry to hear that your mattress isn’t working out as well as you hoped for although some of the comments you are making don’t make much sense to me and I suspect that you may be confusing “suitability” with “quality” which are very different from each other.

The Tuft & Needle also isn’t a memory foam mattress so you are making apples to oranges comparisons by comparing it to memory foam mattress that you may have tried and hopefully you also know from your reading here before you made your purchase that how a mattress feels or whether it’s a good match for you (or any specific person) in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) has nothing to do with the quality or durability of the materials or the mattress as a whole.

A mattress that is a perfect “match” for one person can be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on because different people can have very different needs and preferences and the only way to know whether any mattress is a good match for you is based on your own careful testing or your own personal sleeping experience. This is the reason that a good exchange or return policy can be an important part of the “value” of an online purchase and the good news is that you had the foresight to purchase a mattress that has a great return policy so that you could test it in your bedroom instead of a showroom to find out how you liked it without any risk.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been sleeping on your mattress (although I know that it wouldn’t be very long yet) so I would also keep in mind that there will be an initial break in and adjustment period with any new mattress over the course of the first few weeks and your sleeping experience will change as the mattress softens up a bit and you also get used to a sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see post #3 here).

There are also some suggestions in post #2 here that may be helpful. I don’t know what type of mattress protector or mattress pad you have but it’s also possible that it could be interfering with the ability of the foam layers to contour to the shape of your body which could be firming up your mattress. You can see an example of the difference that removing a mattress pad can make in post #231 here and in this topic.

Hopefully you will have the chance to share your ongoing experience over the course of the next week or two as your mattress breaks in and adjust to a new mattress but the “worst case” is that if your mattress still isn’t suitable for your specific needs and preferences that you can donate or return it for a complete refund and then you would be able to start over again to find a mattress that was a better “match” for you in terms of PPP.

I thought I would clarify some of the comments you made so that others that read them understand that while it’s not unusual that someone doesn’t like a mattress that they have never tried or decide to return it … whether you or any particular person like a mattress or how it “feels” has nothing to do with the quality of the mattress or the materials inside it.

Phoenix