$100 off $500+ Tuft & Needle Purchase - AMEX Credit Card Holders

thanks…gonna order one today

Hi Techoin,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Thanks for the post, I’m about to order now.

Hi souank1,

Phoenix

Thank so much for the heads up on this! Moving to a new place next month, complete with purchasing all new (or used) furniture, so this will really help!

Thanks for posting, tempting purchase. Does T&N offer free return shipping?

Hi rkellz,

You can read more about their return policy under “Do I have to ship it back in its original box if I decide to return?” in their support page here. In most cases they will help you arrange to donate the mattress to a charity and only require the donation receipt to receive a refund but if a charitable donation options isn’t available then they will arrange to have it picked up and returned at no cost.

Phoenix

just got one from this offer. lets see how it goes! im surprised there’s a mattress forum… i mean how often do people really buy mattresses that you need a forum for? i mean sure i’ll check it when i need to buy one, but aren’t there going to be a ton of inactive users after their purchase?.. just wondering… :slight_smile:

Hi box2004,

There is so much misinformation in the mainstream industry and so many issues with mattresses that don’t hold up over time (especially with the major brands … see the guidelines here) that there are many people looking for reliable information about how to choose a mattress that they will sleep well on, that uses durable materials that will last, and that is a “good value” purchase. The lack of reliable information about mattresses are one of the biggest reasons I started the forum almost 5 years ago now (see here and here). Since mattresses are a blind purchase where the materials and components inside a mattress are mostly “invisible”, there are many people that are looking for reliable sources of “fact based” information that is outside of the “marketing stories” and claims that is the majority of the information they are exposed to when they are shopping for a mattress.

The sad reality is that those people that spend a couple of hours on this site will know more meaningful information about mattresses and mattress materials than the large majority of the salespeople that sell them in the mainstream industry and if you use the information on the site and in the tutorial then the odds are very much higher that you will end up purchasing a mattress that is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that you will sleep well on … that uses durable materials that will last you for many years, that that will be good “value” compared to other mattresses that are similar.

There are certainly many people that aren’t active members of the forum after their purchase but there are also others that have subscribed to the topics they have posted and will come back to answer questions and there are also others that continue to post on a semi regular basis after they have made their purchase. There are also several “experts” that post on the forum on a fairly regular basis as well. Even with people that are no longer active members though one of the advantages of having a forum is that all the previous questions and answers are still available for others that have similar questions.

In any case … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and I hope you have the chance to share your comments and experience once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Great Deal! Thanks going to order one tonight

Hi Karamel,

Phoenix

Also looking to upgrade from our current 10yr old mattress. Great information on this site, and with a nice discount from Amex I think I will give the Tuft and Needle a try.

Hi Grobopo,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You also made a good quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback as well.

Phoenix

Just saw this deal after logging into my amex account. With the 6.5% discount it’s a great deal! In for one~

Hi TurdBurglar,

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

I’m looking forward to finding out how you like it once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=56462]Hi Grobopo,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You also made a good quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback as well.

Phoenix[/quote]

Bought the mattress and I’m so disappointed in it.

I’ll give it another few nights, but the mattress is honestly a sad excuse for a bed. I’ve ordered cheap memory foam mattresses online in the past (Overstock, Amazon) and the T&N seems to have cut corners even the aforementioned mattress companies didn’t bother cutting.

Like I said, I’ll update with a full review in a few days, but my initial reaction is disgust.

Hi m12w,

[quote]Bought the mattress and I’m so disappointed in it.

I’ll give it another few nights, but the mattress is honestly a sad excuse for a bed. I’ve ordered cheap memory foam mattresses online in the past (Overstock, Amazon) and the T&N seems to have cut corners even the aforementioned mattress companies didn’t bother cutting.

Like I said, I’ll update with a full review in a few days, but my initial reaction is disgust. [/quote]

I’m sorry to hear that your mattress isn’t working out as well as you hoped for although some of the comments you are making don’t make much sense to me and I suspect that you may be confusing “suitability” with “quality” which are very different from each other.

The Tuft & Needle also isn’t a memory foam mattress so you are making apples to oranges comparisons by comparing it to memory foam mattress that you may have tried and hopefully you also know from your reading here before you made your purchase that how a mattress feels or whether it’s a good match for you (or any specific person) in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) has nothing to do with the quality or durability of the materials or the mattress as a whole.

A mattress that is a perfect “match” for one person can be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on because different people can have very different needs and preferences and the only way to know whether any mattress is a good match for you is based on your own careful testing or your own personal sleeping experience. This is the reason that a good exchange or return policy can be an important part of the “value” of an online purchase and the good news is that you had the foresight to purchase a mattress that has a great return policy so that you could test it in your bedroom instead of a showroom to find out how you liked it without any risk.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been sleeping on your mattress (although I know that it wouldn’t be very long yet) so I would also keep in mind that there will be an initial break in and adjustment period with any new mattress over the course of the first few weeks and your sleeping experience will change as the mattress softens up a bit and you also get used to a sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see post #3 here).

There are also some suggestions in post #2 here that may be helpful. I don’t know what type of mattress protector or mattress pad you have but it’s also possible that it could be interfering with the ability of the foam layers to contour to the shape of your body which could be firming up your mattress. You can see an example of the difference that removing a mattress pad can make in post #231 here and in this topic.

Hopefully you will have the chance to share your ongoing experience over the course of the next week or two as your mattress breaks in and adjust to a new mattress but the “worst case” is that if your mattress still isn’t suitable for your specific needs and preferences that you can donate or return it for a complete refund and then you would be able to start over again to find a mattress that was a better “match” for you in terms of PPP.

I thought I would clarify some of the comments you made so that others that read them understand that while it’s not unusual that someone doesn’t like a mattress that they have never tried or decide to return it … whether you or any particular person like a mattress or how it “feels” has nothing to do with the quality of the mattress or the materials inside it.

Phoenix

Heh bought mine right before this discount came out, loving the bed sorry I missed the discount though. Just need to find a suitable frame now.

Hi heftybefty,

Congratulations on your new mattress … and thanks for your feedback as well :slight_smile:

There is more information about support systems (bedframes and foundations or platform beds) that are generally suitable for different types of mattresses in post #1 here and some of the information and comments in this topic may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

Very Interested in buying this and I do have this amex offer on my amex card.

Also looking for other firm mattress choices as my current mattress is made of pure cotton and has 8" height.

Not sure whether this mattress would match the firmness of that. But may be it would since all the reviews says its way too firm.