Alternatives to Tempur-Pedic Flex Supreme?

Hi bmorgan,

The company doesn’t really have a history yet so I don’t have any thoughts about them from that perspective although they do have some prior history with Purasleep. Lori was open and transparent when I talked with her though and there was no “evasiveness” in the conversation (unlike many that I’ve had). She was happy to answer my questions about their mattress, their hopes for their company, and her thoughts about the industry in general, so to me that’s always an encouraging sign. Her husband also has some background in the industry prior to Purasleep. The conversation was a good one but of course time is always the biggest test about the longer term success of any company.

Warranties don’t mean a lot to me and they certainly aren’t a reliable indication of the durability or the useful life of a mattress or how long it may be until you will need to replace it. In terms of durability … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. A warranty only covers defects in the mattress (which tend to happen early in the life of a mattress) and they don’t cover the loss of comfort and support which is the reason that most people will need to replace a mattress (see post #174 here).

They are one of many new “simplified choice” mattresses that have recently launched or will be launching and it will be interesting how this whole category develops over the course of the next year or two in what is becoming a very crowded field although there are already some leaders emerging both in terms of growth and marketing and in terms of the quality/value of the mattresses.

Phoenix