Best value for all-Latex mattress?

Hi and thank you for the great site!
We are looking to buy an all-latex mattress, preferably non-blended, but not necessarily organic. Both me and my wife are around 200lb, so I presume we would need no less that 12 inches total height. We will most probably buy it on-line. I understand it is not going to be inexpensive, however, I hope you might suggest the manufacturers or web sites providing the best value for the money. Thank you!

Hi Yehor,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and there is also more about the differences between Dunlop and Talalay latex in post #7 here that may be helpful.

You can read some comments about mattress thickness in post #2 here. You aren’t in a weight range where you would “need” 12" of latex although you may still prefer it depending on the specific design and layering of the mattresses you are considering.

I don’t make specific suggestions because the “value” of a mattress purchase is relative to the other mattresses you are considering or what else is available to you either locally or online that you are willing to consider and a mattress that would be the “best value” for one person may not be the best value for someone else because different people can have very different criteria that are most important to them and very different different definitions of “value”.

You are also the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own personal testing or sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Having said that … the tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) that compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency and many of them make latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering or that you can use as a reference point.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are close to you as well.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix, for the reply and help. We ended up buying from Flexicomfort.com. I did look at many suggested direct-selling manufacturers and came with the following data.

I was looking for:
FULL (not Queen) 12" TALL, ALL NATURAL LATEX MATTRESS (not blended latex, no memory foam in the mattress construction), WOOL (not chemicals) as fire protection.

Results (T=Talalay, D=Dunlop, CF - choose your firmness):

1. Flexicomfort.com - four CF 3" layers, TDDD – $1775 ($1600 Memorial Day sale)
  2. Cosypure - 2 inch sculptured soft top comfort layer, 3" medium-soft layer, 6" five-zoned core, no clear info whether latex type is T or D) – $1719
  3. SleepEZ.com - four CF 3" layers, same price for TTTT and DDDD – $1980
  4. Flobeds.com - 2 inch top comfort layer + three CF 3’ layers, TTTT – $1999
    5, Foamsweetfoam.com - four CF 3" layers, same price for Queen and Full – $2199 for DDDD and $2439 TTTT
  5. Sleepingorganic.com - four CF 3" layers, same price for TTTT, DDDD, or combination – $2350
  6. Plushbeds.com - two T 2"+ 3" layers + 6" D core, you choose the whole mattress’ softness (not layer-by-layer softness) – $2399
  7. Astrabeds.com - four 3" layers DDDD, you choose the whole mattress’ softness (not layer-by-layer softness) – $2699
  8. Reverie.com - No Full, $3799 for 11"Queen, no clear info about the latex types

As a most inexpensive option you also could assemble 12" mattress at Spindle.com - three 3" layers + 3" topper – $1150 + $400, They use D only.

Of course, there are probably many other options that I did not find, and different mattresses may be on sale at different times.

Hi Yehor,

It looks like you did some good research and assuming that you mean Flexuscomfort.com (I don’t know of a Flexicomfort,com) then you certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

PS: just for the sake of other that may read your table … some of your comparisons are using different types and blends of latex (and some use certified organic latex) so they aren’t really “apples to apples” comparisons.

FYI for others shopping Cozy Pure…

Cozy Pure certification identifies its latex as Dunlop.

If you haven’t purchased yet, check with Arizona Premium Mattress Company. I don’t think they list a price for a 12" mattress, but if you call they will price it. I think its going to be less than you have quoted from others, and the quality is great.

Hi PapaMike,

[quote]FYI for others shopping Cozy Pure…

CozyPure certification identifies its latex as Dunlop. [/quote]

CozyPure uses certified organic zoned Dunlop (in their organic comfort zone collection) or unizone 100% natural Dunlop (in their natural comfort kiss collection) and they are also quilted on both sides rather than only on the top sleeping surface so they can be reversed.

A mattress purchase there also includes enrollment in their cuddle-up club which provides lifetime discounts to members on other bedding products.

Phoenix

Yes, it is Flexuscomfort.com NOT Flexicomfort.com - sorry for the mistake.

ejcrossl: Thank you for the advice. I have purchased already, too late for me to call Arizona Premium Mattress Company - they do look like a great company. Hopefully someone else will read your suggestion and follow it…

Choosing mattress turned out to be a very complex task - I would be completely lost without Phoenix’ site.

I will post how we liked our new mattress.