Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

As shown on the Restmore Bedding TMU Trusted Member page:
TMU Consumer-Subscriber Discount: 5% off Mattress
Discount Code: Please use TMU5% during the purchase process.

Hey Horiko,

Welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile: !

Thanks for the kind words on the forum and for your post, Horiko. Thanks too for considering a mattress purchase from TMU trusted member Restmore Bedding, they are a deeply knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer who provides quality products and excellent service post-sale. Remember when you reach out to them to mention your post on TMU to receive your discount and let us know if you have a specific research question. Good luck on your new mattress shopping journey and let us know how things go :wink: .

Sensei

Hi. I just joined today. We are trying to decide between CozyPure and SleepEZ for our latex mattress. I wanted to get that first post in to qualify for the discount. There is so much great information on this forum. Thank you!

Hi rubylee.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

We are so glad to hear you have been finding our resources useful as you search for your perfect mattress. If you have any questions along the way, weā€™re happy to help.

NikkiTMU

Hi, Iā€™ve been lurking for many months and I signed up today to ask a few questions.

I am a 66 year old male, 5ā€™ 11", 285 lbs. I consider myself a hybrid sleeper, meaning that I use a small rectangular pillow against my lower back while Iā€™m laying on my side then roll slightly towards my back. So, I guess Iā€™m not really a side sleeper nor a back sleeper. Whatever mattress I end up purchasing will be a twin xl as my wife and I have a adjustable bed with two twin xlā€™s side by side.

Recently I had a chat with Jeremy @ SleepEZ and he recommended a medium Talalay over Firm Dunlop over Extra Firm Dunlop. Because of the price point I was looking at their 10" Natural Latex Mattress. Do know if the Organic Mattress sleeps any different than the Natural?

I am also curious about the hybrid mattress at SleepEZ and wonder if it is appropriate for someone like myself or if an all latex is a better choice. I also question if the recommendations for the support layer maybe a bit to firm. I recently had a Tuft and Needle mattress for about 5 years till it broke down and had little edge support. I recently purchased a Purple Mattress looking for the additional cooling they claim to have. It ended up being better than the T&N but not good enough.

Another issue that I have been struggling with is that we are living 200 miles from any company that has latex mattresses. I was able to visit one on a recent trip, it was a Pure Talalay Bliss Pamper mattress. It was one of several at their site, and of all of them there, it seemed to be the best suited for my needs. I assume that SleepEZ can supply a mattress that is very close to the Pure Talalay Bliss.

Any advice that you could pass on would be greatly appreciated. I have to agree with many prior posters, that a great deal of manhours must have been expended to provide such a vast amount of research and information. I, like others have noted, have spent many hours pouring over details and specifications of many mattresses that could only be found here.

Lastly, I have found SleepEZā€™s discount code on your site but was left with the impression that the MUG5 code could be used, but also other codes could be added as well. I know when testing the code on SleepEzā€™s site, it appears that the checkout process only allows one code to be entered. Additionally, as I was doing further research on your site I found a prior reference to SleepEZ having a 10% code. Can you verify if that still exists?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi Gizmo1955.

Glad to have you on our Mattress Forum! Welcome! :slight_smile:

Organic certifications have almost nothing to do with the quality or performance of a product Itā€™s virtually identical to the same material that doesnā€™t have an organic certification, even though the organic certification adds to the cost of a product. It also doesnā€™t test the final product for harmful substances or VOCā€™s (although of course an organic product would generally be considered as safe ā€¦ there is nothing to ā€œproveā€ it) so it would require a second certification such as Eco-Institut to confirm that there are no harmful substances or VOCā€™s in the final product. Generally, are plenty of people in the industry that question the ā€œvalueā€ of an organic certification vs the same material that doesnā€™t have an organic certification. Many consumers are rather concerned with the ā€œsafetyā€ of a mattress than whether it has an organic certification. While organic certifications do matter for those whom this is an important criterion, in IMO the ā€œorganicā€ marketing talk is rather blown out of proportions and praying on people that that started to equate organic with safety. Ther are perfectly safe and performant materials that do not have an organic certification.

Iā€™d also point out that in todayā€™s market, ā€œnaturalā€ can mean almost anything to the point whereby itself it has little meaning at all. Pure Latex Bliss for example uses the description ā€œnatural Talalayā€ to mean a blend of natural and synthetic rubber that is 30% natural and 70% synthetic. They call their 100% natural Talalay ā€œall-naturalā€ to differentiate them (which is misleading). Some manufacturers use it to indicate ā€œmostlyā€ natural rubber (say 85% natural rubber) and some use it to indicate 100% natural rubber. many stores confuse the two and donā€™t know which material they are selling.
Without knowing the specifics ā€¦ natural is just one of those words that have little meaning by itself and I would want to know both the type of latex they are using and the specific blend percentage of NR (natural rubber) and SBR (synthetic rubber) in the latex.

You can read a little more about the different types of latex in this article and in post #6 here .

Both innersprings and a firmer latex core can be used as a support layer and each has very ā€œdifferentā€ characteristics but the most important differences are the ones you can feel and that you personally prefer. Both can be softer or firmer depending on design so a pocket coil could be firmer than a latex core or the other way around they could be zoned or not all depending on the specifics of the components you are comparing. I would definitely consult SleepEZ about which of these would be better for a plus-size sleeper. There is more about this in post #10 here and more detailed information about innersprings vs latex support cores in post #2 here and more about the different types and blends of latex in this article and in post #6 here or post #29 here

A high BMI presents special challenges and generally requires firmer materials (in the support layers especially). There are also a number of forum posts and threads about mattresses and higher weights and a forum title search on heavy Some examples include:

1. Latex & Memory foam for heavy-weight in post #2 here and ā€¦
  2. Starting Mattress specs for heavy-weight person in post #2 here and ā€¦
  3. Mattresses for a heavy-weight person topic here and ā€¦
  4. about Mattresses for Plus size people in Post #3 has more information and suggestions about heavier weights.

The ā€œweakest linkā€ in a mattress in terms of durability is normally in the upper layers (the top 3" - 6" of the mattress) that are compressed more deeply when under the weight of the sleeper and not generally in the deeper support layers so the firmer bottom layers of a mattress will have more effect on feel and performance than they will on durability for most people.
Higher BMI will wear out faster the latex in lower ILD because there I linear dependency between the two with latex (which is not the case with MF or Poly) I donā€™t think you have to go into much detail but for example, a 100% NR from Talalay Global has ā€œ14 ILD ~ 2.5 lbs/ft3ā€¦xsoft 19 ILD ā€¦ 3.0 lbs/ft3ā€¦xsoftā€ which being in such a low density will wear out a little faster for higher weight ranges. That is why a component-style system would be good for them as they can change the top layer when it starts to break down.

As you probably know by reading our forum the differences youā€™d perceive are solely based on your personal specs, individual needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) but SleepEZ are familiar with PTB and are very skilled at assessing any differences between the two mattresses based on averages of customers that have a similar sleeping profile and personal specs.

Thank you for your kind words and recognition of the time of effort that goes into maintaining our site. Much appreciated!

The newest SleepEZ discount code is 5% off Mattresses (Code: MUG5) which is on top of any discount codes offered by Sleep EZ with their regular promotions. Discount codes change from time to time so the 10% discount offered a while back was stand-alone and could not be stacked on top of any current site sales.

All in all, it looks like you are on the right track and also in the very good hands of ā€œSleepEZā€ who is one of the Trusted members of our site and also a TMU mattress expert with their own dedicated forum

Phoenix

Do I actually need to ask for a discount code, or does it just apply from the list on the site?

Also, thinking about going with SleepEZ or a DIY from LMF. Does the discount apply at both?

We have latex pillows (Purple Harmony) and love them. How common is it to love a latex pillow but not a latex mattress? Or if you like the feel, you like the feel?

Thanks!

Hi Moody.

You can just apply the code on the Trusted Member directory if one is readily available!

In general, if you like the feel, you like the feel. :slight_smile: People who like memory foam but dislike the ā€œstuck in the sandā€ feeling appreciate latex, as well as those who like memory foam but dislike how hot it tends to affect their sleep. In general, it has a lighter feel and more bounce.

Hopefully some others will weigh in with their thoughts and experiences as well.
NikkiTMU

Did the discount code for My Green Mattress expire? I just tried to use it when ordering from their website, and it says ā€œThis coupon has expired.ā€

Hey Amy,

My apologies for our missing your question before, did you figure out the My Green Mattress discount code situation? Their TMU ā€œUNDERGROUNDā€ code only works if the site isnā€™t running any other promos as discounts arenā€™t stackable. Hope that you found what you were looking for and thanks for considering one of our trusted members for a purchase :wink: .

Sensei

Thank you TMU!

The resources and forum on this site helped me avoid some pitfalls that I would otherwise not have been aware of.

Also, I found Memory Foam Comfort through this site and I was reassured to see that they are a member and active on this site.

Hi Douglas1111.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. We appreciate it! :slight_smile:

We look forward to any questions or updates you may have.
Phoenix

Hello,

Using the information on this webpage I believe I have found a matress/company to purchase from. Itā€™s been pretty helpful and I definitely appreciate it. The company was even in my local area. Do I now need to ask for this discount code?

Thanks for the help

smackyNA,

Glad that you found TMU a helpful resource. Trusted Members of TMU have their discount codes listed on this page: https://mattressunderground.com/the-underground/our-trusted-members . Good luck with your mattress purchase!

• Bill

Thank you for existing as I look for some new mattress options. 24yrs old, about 155lbs, and Iā€™ve got knee, shoulder, lower back, and heel pain all over the place due to a youth spent jumping around with no conditioning. Iā€™m in the market for a replacement mattress at long last, with a budget of around 1000-1500 (I want to get a good mattress protector as well, and maybe some other stuff too).

Iā€™ve been sleeping on the bottom side (1.7 Polyeurethane foam) of a 5+ year old Ikea Matrand queen sized mattress I picked up secondhand (no idea how long it was used before that!). I remember the other side (3.1 polyeurethane memory foam) being somehow less-comfortable than the side I currently sleep on, but itā€™s been so long that I might flip it just to see how it feels.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started this adventure, but Iā€™m definitely going to try and stop by a few local mattress places to see if I can lay down on a few of them for a while. Nest Bedding seems like it might be a good place for me to start, but there are so many different options to consider that itā€™s going to take me a while.

Thanks for aggregating all this excellent info! So excited to get my first mattress out of college!

Thanks for this service. Iā€™ve found this site to be extremely useful and the extensive forum discussions are great. About to pull the trigger on a mattress purchase.

Thanks for creating this resource! Mattress shopping has been really mystifying to me, and Iā€™m glad to have (hopefully) finally settled on buying from one of the forumā€™s trusted members!

Thanks for this great service! Learned so much. On this topic, Iā€™ve found Spindleā€™s discount code(s) are only offering $100 off instead of the stated $200. Any ideas on this change? Also their $1699 sale price (queen) seems to be more of their norm based on reviews? Not saying anything is wrong, just want to know if prices have really climbed that high to have a $2299 MSRP (queen 10" latex).

Thank you so much! Iā€™ve been having crazy back pain on a Leesa (all foam) thatā€™s just a few years old; canā€™t wait to use these learnings to get something better.