Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi all, new member here. Very excited to be purchasing a new mattress, and the forum discounts are quite enticing. Thank you to all the people that took time to write articles and reviews, it makes the purchasing process much much easier.

Hi @WingCanyon, ivorykid, and muggy,

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site could help :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix for all the good information. Iā€™m on the verge of a purchase but still would like to try some beds before making the plunge. Unfortunately there are only big box stores around here that I am aware of. I live in the Delaware area and am within driving distance of both the Philadelphia and Baltimore areas if you have any recommendations in those areas. I am leaning towards the Dreamfoam ultimate dreams eurotop or the bamboo bliss from BB. I am about 6ā€™0 200 lbs and am about a 70/30 side to back sleeper while my wife is about 125 lbs and more of a 70/30 back to side sleeper. I think I would prefer a firmer bed because I have had lower back pain lately but thatā€™s where I will have to talk with the BB folks more or try out a local place that has latex beds.

Just found this great site and information not readily available anywhere else.

Will report back when I decide which mattress I purchase.

Is there any way to get the 5% discount ordering online? Or must I call?

Being a new member, Iā€™ve not digested the copious information here but already feel Iā€™ve learned a lot. I feel fortunate that I found your siteā€¦

May I ask how the administrator(s) came to creating this site and how/why you came to being mattress gurus? Just curious :slight_smile:

Before finding this site, I had that feeling of shopping blindly and of being schmoozed when shopping in mattress stores! Now I feel Iā€™ll be a smart(er) shopper. Yes, Iā€™m a researcher style consumer and the lack of technical available (before this site) was frustrating.

Thank you.

Hi Janvee,

Thereā€™s a few versions of an answer to this ā€¦ except the part about ā€œgurusā€ which I would ā€œdisputeā€ because there are a lot of people who have been building mattresses for decades who know a lot more than I do. Sometimes the more you know the more you realize how little you know :slight_smile:

The"alternative version" is here ā€¦ the ā€œhistorical versionā€ is here ā€¦ and the reasons why are here and here.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for maintaining this resource and for helping members obtain a discount with their purchase. After weeks of research, Iā€™ve decided to get the Total Latex bed from Brooklyn Bedding. Thank you again for all the time and effort you put into maintaining this website.

Hi taheerah77,

Youā€™re very welcome ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

This site is absolutely wonderful and I will recommend it to family/friends in the market for a mattress. Iā€™m glad I came across it in my search for a latex mattress, as I never knew there was so many details/options to take into account. Keep up the good (and very much appreciated) work! I hope to be purchasing a new mattress from Brooklyn Bedding in the next few days :slight_smile:

This is a follow up to my post of May 07. I did purchase the 10 Total latex from BB. Everything has been more than satisfactory. Absolutely satisfied with the comfort and support of a latex foam mattress. Went with level 5 cushion firm - it definitely is a flat firm surface but is very comfortable.
I did make my platform support box frame. used 1 x10 for outside box with 1x4 slats properly spaced on a 1 x4 ledger inside of box . I also positioned a 2x6 up the center of the frame to support slats with 2 support legs ro floor. Platform box frame fits in right into
4 poster cherry bed exactly like a conventional boxspring. Used all primed boards from lumberyard and finish was actually good enough to look like a finished product so that was easy. Had approx $ 135.00 in materials and 3 hours labor. Sorry i took no pics.

Many thanks to Phoenix and Mattress Underground. I will highly recommend them at all opportunities. Likewise for Brooklyn Bedding.

Hi captjack902,

It sounds to me like you made a good comfort choice and I like the sounds of your box frame as well. If you ever have the chance it would be great to have a picture even if it was just the finished product.

Thanks for taking the time to bring us up to date :slight_smile:

Phoenix

About to purchase a Dreamfoam based on recommendations on this site. Thanks!

Hi willya,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to post your feedback when your receive it.

Phoenix

Going to purchase a Total Latex from Brooklyn Bedding.

Thanks for being a great resource!

Hi NoGGin,

Youā€™re very welcome ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just wanted to add to the list of those thanking you for all of this information! Iā€™ve needed a new mattress for years but have absolutely dreaded the process of shopping for one. After reviewing all of the info and browsing the forum I feel like Iā€™m ready to face this finally! :slight_smile:

Hi peaches1186,

Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site could help you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

US Box Spring is still offering 5% if you mention it in your order notes.

Brooklyn Bedding is offering 5% plus two latex pillows for a like on Facebook.

Thanks again Phoenix for all the recommendations. I decided to go with the Bamboo Bliss from BB. After chatting with Jacob, I was informed that they currently have a fatherā€™s day weekend sale going on. The Bamboo Bliss had a discount of $75 off the king size which is a little bit more than the normal 5% off and I also got the 2 free pillows. They also allowed me to get a split king with firmness levels of 3/6 to account for my size of 200 lbs and my wifeā€™s size of 125 lbs. Hopefully the 3 is not too firm for me, but at least I have the option of sending my side back if it is too firm.