Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi shuytco,

I just realized that I missed replying to your first post. There were a few posts in this thread that day and for some reason I just replied to the most recent one and didnā€™t notice yours. My apologies.

You certainly made a good choice though ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once you receive it.

Phoenix

This site is great! I am very thankful that I found it before making a purchase decision.

I was just about to buy a memory foam mattress, found this site during a brief web search and have changed my mind and been doing a lot more research as a result.

Thank you for all your efforts to educate!

FYI, the site http://www.restmore.net/ is not a working site anymore.

This is a great website! Very educational and informative.

Hi Turboflanagan,

Yes ā€¦ they didnā€™t have a website when they first became a member and then they put one together but it has since expired since at least the beginning of the year (see post #36 here) and itā€™s not one of their biggest priorities. They are mostly a wholesale manufacturer but they also sell factory direct and they are still going strong (I just talked with them today) making a full range of good quality and value mattresses. You can reach them at their phone number listed here.

Phoenix

Unfortunately, the bulk of mattress places paint a pretty bad picture of them all. Kinda like used car sales placesā€¦

Iā€™m so tired of talking to mattress ā€œsales peopleā€ that I donā€™t want to waste time talking to any. I would rather be able to see the pertinent info describing their business and products on a website and go from there.

I have no problem at all with them making their business a higher priority than my desire for them to have a great website. :slight_smile:
And it is great that you gave the brief update about their status. Thanks.

Hi Turboflanagan,

If you are referring to chain stores and mass market retailers and major manufacturers I would certainly agree with you. Most people who spend an hour or two on this site will know more meaningful information about mattresses than the majority of the salespeople who sell them across the country.

I know of many manufacturers that have some great quality and value that donā€™t have a website at all and still rely on the ā€œold fashionedā€ face to face way of doing local business. Of course for online sales then a website is essential.

In the day and age of fancy showrooms and websites and where marketing takes precedence over fact and substance ā€¦ the quality of the actual mattress is often forgotten to the point where most consumers donā€™t even know how to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

The things I value most highly in a mattress manufacturer or retailer is transparency about the materials in their mattresses and the knowledge, experience, and service that can provide good information and guidance to their customers to help them purchase a mattress that is suitable for their needs and preferences and is better quality and value than the choices that the vast majority of consumers usually end up making.

Phoenix

Thanks to this great forum and your generosity in sharing your knowledge, I was able to choose a mattress with a certain amount of confidence.

I ordered the Aloe Adelle from Brooklyn Bedding. Iā€™m impressed that they detail their products so thoroughly, I also appreciate that both Mario and Jacob were able and willing to answer many questions. Also, the speed of processing/shipping was astoundingā€¦lightning fast. Their pricing is very competitive and I even got a nice Fatherā€™s Day discount and free pillows!

I canā€™t wait to actually try it out! In trying out products locally, I ascertained that I like a little memory foam but not all memory foam. I also like many things about latex. I never found a hybrid with comparable layers as the Adelle but I think 3" of latex with the gel memory foam will be very nice. The exchangeable layers assuage any concern both in terms of comfort issues and in case of deterioration of the somewhat less durable mf.

Iā€™ve not seen many discussions about Aloe Adelle but will be happy to post a follow up which I hope will be of use to others.

With much appreciation to Phoenix and the many posters on this forum who have shared their experiences :slight_smile:

Hi Janvee,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

In certain combinations a memory foam/latex hybrid comfort layer is one of my favorite design combinations and Iā€™ll be interested in hearing your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great site! Iā€™ll give this member discount a go. :slight_smile:

Thank you Phoenix for this informative site!! My research easily begins thanks to all your hard work :slight_smile:

Did you end up purchasing a Cirrus Supreme? I was wondering how it feels and what your experience with the compnay was like. I am consider getting a Cirrus Cloud ES but want more feedback from those who have dealt with Select Foam.

As a newbie, Iā€™m not sure if you are responding to my post or not. I have just begun my research and I will let you know as soon as I make a decision. Iā€™m very impressed with Select Foam thus far and their 90 day return policy with shipping is incredible!

The information on this site is impressive for such a specific subject! Thanks!

Hi soundsleeper,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ and I hope whatever mattress you choose lives up to your username :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I was about to order some cheap memory foam mattress from amazon, then I discovered this place and found what I actually should look for in a quality mattress

also get a discount/bonus :cheer:

good stuff

Hi Dave87,

Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about what you end up choosing.

Phoenix

Excellent resource, Iā€™m glad I found it prior to making a purchase. Still some more research to do but Iā€™m almost there!

Thanks for the info! We chose three beds from Parklane. They are still trying to figure out what I was talking about when I brought up this website. Our sales guy had only been with the company for a week. I knew what I wanted after all my research and was educated, so his junior knowledge was not a issue. We will see if they call me back about the bonus.

Hi Kmverry,

If you have any issues with the bonus (you can see the current options here) then let me know.

Scott the owner is well aware of it as are most of their salespeople.

Most of all though ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

Phoenix