Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi cubfan4real,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Wow, this site makes so much sense of an absolutely crazy mattress search! Iā€™ve been sucked into this site and itā€™s been really helpful in making my decision. Iā€™m buying a twin bed for our toddler, but the reality is my husband and I will likely fall asleep on this bed quite often :slight_smile: So all this information has been really useful. I think we are going with the Ultimate Dreams Latex mattress. Iā€™ll try to update with a review once weā€™ve had it a while.

I just ordered a Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams latex mattress and I canā€™t wait for it to be delivered!:slight_smile: I already communicated with Chuck about my firmness level, but just learned about the forum member discount. Iā€™ll email him and hopefully itā€™s not too late.

Hi undrcvrmj92 and noillin,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattress :slight_smile:

@undrcvrmj92,

There should be no problem with the bonus (shredded latex pillow) as long as you were registered before your purchase :slight_smile:

EDIT: They have now started to use promo codes for the forum discount so make sure you either call, email, or use their chat to provide them with your member name here BEFORE you order so you can get the code and the discount/bonus.

Iā€™m looking forward to both of your feedback when youā€™ve received your mattresses.

Phoenix

Thank you for the discount and all of the information provided on this site. I never thought Iā€™d know so much about mattresses! I was so enthralled that my curiosity eventually led me to videos of foam latex being manufactured. It was all very fascinating! Thanks again.

Hi deepe,

Youā€™re very welcome and Iā€™m glad you found the site useful.

If nothing else and you ever find yourself needing work then you probably know more than many mattress salespeople!

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Very helpful info on this site, thanks! Feel confident purchasing a Dreamfoam mattress now.

I agree! I was hesitant to purchase a mattress online, but with all the information available at mattress underground I mustered up the courage to click the buy button. Thanks! [quote=ā€œsidereallā€]
Very helpful info on this site, thanks! Feel confident purchasing a Dreamfoam mattress now.
[/quote]

Hi sidereall and lilafoxgrove,

Congratulations to both of you on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

I know from experience that sometimes final choices and the final ā€œclickā€ for an online purchase that you havenā€™t tried can be the hardest part of all but choosing a good manufacturer that others have done well with, having the option to customize the top layer, and someone that can help you make the firmness choice can certainly reduce the ā€œfear factorā€ that would otherwise be involved.

thanks to both of you for letting us know about your purchase and I hope you have the chance to let us know your feedback when youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

Thank you for all the hard work and research put into this site and all the reference materials provided. We are on our 2nd pillow top mattress from a regional manufacturer (the first got ripped in a move and rapidly sank on the sides, the 2nd is significantly sinking at year 2). When a friend was trading up on his queen mattress, we jumped on the opportunity for a Queen-sized mattress. We didnā€™t do any researchā€¦ itā€™s a well-constructed and solid Sealy posturpedic, but extremely firm.

Because of your information, research, forums, and manufacturer recommendations, I am hopeful that I will find the right fit this time. I am excited to find a southern-california manufacturer that we can check out in the near future.

:cheer:

Hi wanderfjv,

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about what you end up choosing. There are many good choices in the southern California area.

Phoenix

Does this count :slight_smile: ? Iā€™m very interested in the Ultimate Dreams Latex queen, but finding it hard to push the button, especially without a return policy if I try it but donā€™t like it. Sure wish I could try it locally (Denver).
-k

Hi khall1026,

Everything counts :slight_smile:

I know that you are in the same position as many others and itā€™s not easy to purchase a mattress online. They have done a great job though in helping people make good choices. If you do go in this direction ā€¦ if you err on the side of firmness then you can always do some fine tuning afterwards.

If you are interested in doing some local testing (although of course it wonā€™t be on the Ultimate Dreams which are only available online) ā€¦ some of the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in the Denver area are in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

First off, thank you for the upkeep of this wonderful site filled with a multitude of useful information! I stumbled upon it looking for reviews for bed in a box gel mattresses actually and have now shifted my gaze to Dreamfoamā€™s Ultimate Dreams gel mattresses thanks to you! Iā€™m still trying to make up my mind on the 10" or 13" but think I will be very pleased buying from such a reputable and helpful US based company. Either way I go, Iā€™m excited about trying out a brand new pillow, too! :slight_smile:

Thank again and keep up the good work.
Casey

Hi Eyedes,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ and Congratulations on your new mattress (whichever model you decide on) :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks for this site - lots and lots of information. Weā€™re looking for a memory foam bed that is suitable for HEAVY people, will hold up fairly well, and is 100% made in USA. Donā€™t want any Chinese chemical bathsā€¦

Thanks for all you do!

We are in the Portland Oregon area - highest number of bed stores per capita in the country. Amazing how non- competitive they all are!

Hi mumzie,

Youā€™ve probably already seen this but just in case ā€¦ the list of better options Iā€™m aware of in the Portland area are in post #2 here which includes one of the members of this site which I believe are among the best quality/value in the country.

With higher weights ā€¦ itā€™s particularly important to make sure that the materials in your mattress ā€¦ and particularly in the upper comfort layers which are the weak link of most mattresses ā€¦ are good quality and durable. This means that I would tend towards 5 lb memory foam (and/or 4 lb gel memory foam if it is one of the more durable types). Lower density memory foams may feel softer and more comfortable in some cases but you would be making a ā€œtradeoffā€ for less durability with weights over about 200 lbs or so. If you do choose a mattress with lower density memory foam ā€¦ then thinner layers will have less effect on the overall feel and performance of the mattress when they soften (and they will) than thicker layers. Bear in mind as well that even 5 lb memory foam (and all foam for that matter) will have some initial softening over the first few weeks and will soften more rapidly over time under heavier weights so I would tend towards slightly firmer choices than you may otherwise choose.

Phoenix

Thank you for this valuable resource. Buying a mattress without this site would be like buying a used car without KBB!

Hi,

I just wanted to post a quick word of thanks to Phoenix for the wealth of information found on this site and all the attention you give to everyone who comes here looking for help and advice. Iā€™ve been shopping for a new mattress for weeks now, and Iā€™ve finally settled on an Ultimate Dreams mattress, but Iā€™m not sure I would have been able to pull the trigger on an online purchase of a previous unheard-of mattress without all of the advice I found on this site and the strong endorsement from someone who clearly knows a thing or 2 about mattresses.

Fingers crossed! :silly:

Hi Bouncer,

Thanks for the kind words ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress!

I hope you have a chance to give us your feedback once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it.

Some good information and feedback from others can make people a lot braver :slight_smile:

Phoenix