isleep ez 10000 vs oragnic 10000

This is my first post.
Hello everyone
thanks for hosting such a nice forum

After reading the forum I decided to go with Sleep Ez, as everyone promotes this website on this forum

I have few questions.

1). Are you somehow associated with Sleep EZ(i.e part of the company, working on commissions promoting their products)?

2). Does anyone know what they do with the layers they exchange? Do they resell them or recycle?

1. now the main question: isleep ez 10000 vs oragnic 10000. They have two types of latex mattresses that seems to be almost the same. Both of them offer Dunlop 100% Natural, so why the price difference?

Thanks

Doe,
Great questions … I think Phoenix has some kind of agreement that he gets some amount (propbably not to exceed $50) for every mattress thats sold where buyer gives the reference of this website. I am sure he will answer your questions in detail and I am interested in knowing them 2 specifically q # 2 & 3.

Hi Doe,

SleepEZ is one of the manufacturers or retailers that is an invited member of this site (you can see the current list here). There is more about the criteria I use to invite a manufacturer or retailer to become a member here in this article and in post #2 here. I earn a referral fee when a member of the forum purchases a mattress from one of the retailers or manufacturers that is a business member here which is the source of the income that supports the time and effort involved in The Mattress Underground (which has been a 12 - 16 hour a day project for over 3 years). You can see the details on this page. Other than earning referral fees and the fact that I think highly of all of them (which is why they were invited to become members) I have no other association with any of the members of the site.

They don’t resell them to customers or use them in their layer exchanges but they have told me that they have no shortage of people that want to purchase their returned or exchanged layers.

There is more about the difference between them in post #12 here. The organic would be of most interest for those that either wanted an organic cover or more likely those that wanted 100% natural Talalay instead of the blended Talalay.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for timely reply and your hard work

[quote=“Phoenix” post=40688]Hi Doe,

[quote]1). Are you somehow associated with Sleep EZ(i.e part of the company, working on commissions promoting their products)?

SleepEZ is one of the manufacturers or retailers that is an invited member of this site (you can see the current list here). There is more about the criteria I use to invite a manufacturer or retailer to become a member here in this article and in post #2 here. I earn a referral fee when a member of the forum purchases a mattress from one of the retailers or manufacturers that is a business member here which is the source of the income that supports the time and effort involved in The Mattress Underground (which has been a 12 - 16 hour a day project for over 3 years). You can see the details on this page. Other than earning referral fees and the fact that I think highly of all of them (which is why they were invited to become members) I have no other association with any of the members of the site.
[/quote]

During the research I found many websites that obviously promoting a single brand.
I hope this forum is objective…

As for Sleep EZ, they seem like a good company, but there are not that many “official”(like consumer report) reviews. As well as IDL specs, certificates etc…

[quote]2). Does anyone know what they do with the layers they exchange? Do they resell them or recycle?

They don’t resell them to customers or use them in their layer exchanges but they have told me that they have no shortage of people that want to purchase their returned or exchanged layers.[/quote]

So they don’t have a policy that would state that they are recycling those layers?
Meaning they would try to resell it, if they can? :huh:

Someone suggested that mattresses cannot be re-sold… :unsure:
I thought all mattress related businesses have the same regulation :angry:

There is more about the difference between them in post #12 here. The organic would be of most interest for those that either wanted an organic cover or more likely those that wanted 100% natural Talalay instead of the blended Talalay.

Phoenix[/quote]
thanks for links. In your opinion, when looking for the firmest latex mattress, what combination would you pick (dunlop, talalay. all extra firm) ? Would you go with natural or organic series for firmest mattress?

One last question:
the extra firm layer from Sleep EZ.
As I cannot try it. Is there any similar firmness in everyday life that I would be able to “touch” and feel to get an idea.
Is it brick firm?

I tried many “firm” mattresses in the store, but they all felt different and I would call some as soft…
I don’t want to order firm and receive soft mattress (I’m exaggerating…)

Thanks again

Phoenix,

Thank you for timely reply and your hard work

[quote]1). Are you somehow associated with Sleep EZ(i.e part of the company, working on commissions promoting their products)?

[/quote]

During the research I found many websites that obviously promoting a single brand.
I hope this forum is objective…

As for Sleep EZ, they seem like a good company, but there are not that many “official”(like consumer report) reviews. As well as IDL specs, certificates etc…

[quote]2). Does anyone know what they do with the layers they exchange? Do they resell them or recycle?

They don’t resell them to customers or use them in their layer exchanges but they have told me that they have no shortage of people that want to purchase their returned or exchanged layers.[/quote]

So they don’t have a policy that would state that they are recycling those layers?
Meaning they would try to resell it, if they can? :huh:

Someone suggested that mattresses cannot be re-sold… :unsure:
I thought all mattress related businesses have the same regulation :angry:

[quote]3) now the main question: isleep ez 10000 vs oragnic 10000. They have two types of latex mattresses that seems to be almost the same. Both of them offer Dunlop 100% Natural, so why the price difference?

[/quote]

thanks for links. In your opinion, when looking for the firmest latex mattress, what combination would you pick (dunlop, talalay. all extra firm) ? Would you go with natural or organic series for firmest mattress?

One last question:
As I cannot try it. Is there any similar firmness in everyday life that I would be able to “touch” and feel to get an idea.
Is it brick firm?

I tried many “firm” mattresses in the store, but they all felt different and I would call some as soft…
I don’t want to order firm and receive soft mattress (I’m exaggerating…)

Thanks again

Hi Doe,

[quote]During the research I found many websites that obviously promoting a single brand.
I hope this forum is objective…[/quote]

As you can see in post #64 here and the posts it links to as well as post #12 here … I think it’s always a very good idea to question the objectivity or “bias” of any site that you are using to help in your purchase choices … especially if they are “promoting” a single manufacturer or mattress. There are many so called “expert sites” that aren’t objective at all and are just a “hidden” form of advertising.

A forum search on SleepEZ will bring up over 2000 posts that mention them and have much more information and feedback about them from the members here. They are also completely transparent about all the materials in their mattresses both on their website and when you talk with them. There is also more in post #13 here about the most important parts of the value of any mattress purchase that you can use to make meaningful comparisons between any mattresses you are considering based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you regardless of the name of the manufacturer. This would be a much more effective way to compare any mattresses you are considering than using mattress reviews (see post #13 here) which will tell you very little about the suitability or the quality/durability of a mattress you are considering.

[quote]So they don’t have a policy that would state that they are recycling those layers?
Meaning they would try to resell it, if they can? :huh:[/quote]

I thought I replied to this in my last reply. They only use brand new layers in their mattresses or in their comfort exchanges (see here).

[quote]Someone suggested that mattresses cannot be re-sold… :unsure:
I thought all mattress related businesses have the same regulation :angry:[/quote]

You are getting inaccurate information here and whoever suggested this certainly isn’t correct. There are state regulations that govern the requirements in each state for selling used mattresses (see post #2 here and post #2 here).

The type of latex would be a preference choice. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here that may help you decide which one you would prefer or would be best for you based on your own personal criteria (regardless of whether someone else may have the same preference). As far as your comfort choices go if you can’t test a mattress in person I would make your choice based on a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer who will know more than anyone else about “matching” the options they have available to different body types and sleeping styles and can “talk you through” the options that have the best chance of working well for you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

[quote]One last question:
Is it brick firm?

I don’t want to order firm and receive soft mattress (I’m exaggerating…)[/quote]

Most of what you feel on a mattress will come from the upper layers not from the deeper support layers so the firmness of the deepest layers in a mattress isn’t something that you would normally “feel” and is more about keeping you in alignment. There is more about primary support, secondary support, pressure relief and “feel” and how they are related in different mattress designs in post #4 here. I suspect that you may not have had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial here which has most of the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to know “how” to make the best possible choices.

I would also keep in mind that there are no standard firmness ratings between different manufacturers and that different people will also have very different ideas about firmness and softness so a mattress that is “much too soft” for one person may be “much too firm” for someone else.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options I’m aware of in your area and there may be something similar to the SleepEZ design that you could test in person (Savvy Rest and OMI (Organicpedic) for example make some component mattresses that are quite similar). If there are no similar latex mattresses available locally then there may be some other types of latex mattresses available in your area that would give you a better sense of how different latex firmness levels feel to you.

Phoenix