Memory foam in Olympia, WA

Hey there, I am looking for a soft, super plush memory foam mattress in Olympia, WA area. I like the sealy optimum and the serta icomfort savant, but I am weary of those choices after all of the useful info i have found on this site and the help you gave me last year in finding a mattress. It appears the main “name brands” are the wrong choice. I found a shop in Olympia called NW Sleeps which seems good, owner is helpful, good prices, certipur, spec sheets… Enso is the mattress brand. Problem is my husband and I prefer a really soft, on a cloud feel and the Enso line doesn’t seem to be right for us. Any ideas on a good manufacturer/retailer in this area? Has Costco made any strides in the last year or so in improving their choices? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Cozycamper,

Enso is one of many brands manufacturered by Zinus which is a Chinese manufacturer which tends to use lower quality memory foam (under 4 lb) in their mattresses and I would make sure that you know the density of every layer in their mattresses before you consider them. you can read a little more about them in post #2 here.

Unless you can confirm that there isn’t more than about an inch or so of memory foam that is less than 4 lbs in any of their mattresses you are considering I would tend to avoid them.

The closest list to you is the Seattle / Tacoma list in post #2 here. If I have the chance in the next day or two I’ll take a look around the Olympia, WA area to see if there are any reasonable options that show up on a more detailed search that are in the immediate area.

No matter how comfortable a mattress may be in a showroom, you can’t “feel” the quality of the materials so I would make sure you know the specifics of all the layers in the mattress to make sure there are no obvious weak links in the mattress and to be able to make meaningful quality and value comparisons.

The Costco mattress selection is always changing but my thoughts on them in general remain the same (see post #4 here). If there is a good quality mattress listed on their site (based on the specs they supply) then I would consider them if you are OK with rolling the dice (in terms of the suitability of the mattress) with the protection of a good refund policy and if the mattress you were considering was good value compared to the other similar options you have available locally or online.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info. I will look into a couple of the places that you mentioned. I will check this site in a couple days and see if you are able to recommend anyone closer to me. I prefer to buy local from a good manufacturer etc. but… If you are inclined to review… I am interested in one of the costco mattresses as a last resort:
The sleep sciences Ara $1299 from costco website:
13" pillow top mattress
Sleep Science Comfort scale; Plush top with support layer
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal flammability (open flame) standards
Limited Warranty: 20 years
Cover is bamboo fabric consisting of three layers. This fabric is 300g/m2, the percentage of bamboo is 40%, nylon is 40%, polyester is 20%
Cover top layer: 100% bamboo fabric
Middle layer: 100% nylon
Bottom layer: 100% polyester
Micro-suede cover sides are 100% polyester
Mattress core top layer: 3 inches 5 lb visco foam, 11-13 IFD
Second layer: 3 5/8 inches 5 lb visco foam, 11-13 IFD
Third layer: 1/2 inch air barrier
Fourth Layer: The Wedge Patented Edge Support System
Base layer: 6 Air Channel Base, dual density, dual IFD, relief cut urethane core

Hi Cozycamper,

You can see some of my comments about Sleep Science and the ARA in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

Hi Cozycamper,

I did some research and made some phone calls around the Olympia, WA area (within about 25 miles) and these are the better options and possibilities in the area that I’m aware of (not just for memory foam). I also listed the brands they carry that the retailers told me they could provide the specs of their mattresses so that you can make meaningful quality and value comparisons.

http://www.mattressdepotusa.com/ Olympia, WA (and other locations). Easy Rest (memory foam), Restonic (latex hybrids, gel memory foam, and innersprings), Lady Americana, and they also have an all Dunlop latex Englander that is not listed on their site. They told me that they would try and get foam specs from any of their reps but that Restonic and Easy Rest would be the most likely.

http://mattressranch.com/ Olympia, WA (and other locations). They carry a full rage of Lady Americana mattresses including latex hybrids, gel memory foam, innerspring, and microcoils. they told me they will call the factory for specs on any of their mattresses.

http://rosesfurniture.net/about-us/ Centralia, WA. They carry a line of mattresses made by NWbedding in spokane which includes latex, memory foam, and innersprings and will also call the factory for specs

http://www.holylamborganics.com/ Oakville, WA. They carry a range of high quality organic latex, innerspring, and cotton / wool mattresses including WJ Southard and toppers that they manufacture themselves. Some very good quality here and knowledgeable people but they are also in a more premium budget range.

There are also some good options north of you in the Seattle/Tacoma area listed in post #2 here and south of you in the Portland area list in post #2 here.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix