Saatva Classic mattress online

Cheri,
Last night was the 1st night I slept with my new horsehair pillow. This version is all horsehair, no cotton or wool batting that some add to the horsehair pillows. I will now add it to my list of pillows in my other post as Horsehair Pillow. I was so long ago since I slept on horsehair anything, I almost forgot what it felt like. I stacked my horsehair pillow (removing the TP Procloud Hi that I actually really like) on top of the same tempurpedic soft and conforming that I use as my base pillow. I slept like a log, in such a deep sleep, I cant exactly explain it. Not sure if it is psychological or physiological, but I slept great. It was a completely different feel from any of the pillows I listed that I own and tried. The pillow leaves an impression of my head and neck when I first get up and I can actually watch the pillow spring back, as if it as a mid recovery memory foam or latex foam. Unlike a feather, or wool pillow that compresses and you have to fluff it back, the horsehair just springs/expands back to original fluff position. When you first lay on it, the feeling is very soft and fluffy, then it compresses a little, about half way, just like my TP Procloud Hi, but with a different feel against my head. It is not hard or super firm like my when my wool pillow compresses, it has a tiny bit of springiness to the compressed hair. A more secure feeling of support to my head, neck and upper shoulders and it just stays that way regardless if I roll on my back or switch sides. The feeling as it compresses is different than any other material, hard to describe, but it does feel comfortable. I suspect for those who like a plush feel with a bounce, they may not like it, and it doesnt have the pushback of talalay or dunlop. But, it is only day one. :sleeping:

2 Likes