True Hybrid pillow… does it exist?

I’m looking for a hybrid pillow and can’t find one online.

Solid thinner core of memory foam or latex, surrounded by shredded latex.

I have a shredded latex pillow, but since o switch between side and back so often- my neck can’t get comfortable. I feel like it’s missing a solid base to keep my neck aligned.

1 Like

The sleeptone cool choice pillow is hybrid, though not with a core and an outer layer. It’s one side solid latex and the other shredded memory foam and fiber.

Thinking about it…I have looked at about every pillow on the market and can’t think of anything like that. I usually recommend an adjustable shredded memory foam pillow, or to construct a pillow how you want it with the materials you can buy. For example maybe you could get a shredded memory foam travel pillow and put it in the center of a shredded latex pillow. You definitely can modify the different options that are available, as I have for example by getting a purple harmony tall, and snipping down the height of the latex insert so it’s in between the medium and the tall for loft.

Hi Gail,

Welcome back, glad you are here with questions.

I think the closest you may come is Bedgear. They have several pillows that offer a solid side and a shredded side. It’s not exactly a solid middle surrounded by shredded foam, but rather shredded foam over a solid coir core. DreamFit makes a few pillows with multiple inserts, you may be able to rearrange the inserts so you have the solid in the middle and the fiber around it.

Coincidentally, I’ve created my own pillows using a similar design. My version uses horsehair as the core, with latex noodles forming the perimeter around the horsehair.

I’ve since modified the design of this pillow. Rather than having two pillow inserts stacked separately, what I did this time was place the horsehair inside the liner, as you see in the pillow above. Instead of stacking a second liner on top, I placed the horsehair pillow, inside its liner, inside another liner and manually added the noodles above and below the liner containing the horsehair pillow. This way, the horsehair is essentially surrounded by latex noodles.

In addition to this one, I’ve used the same technique with wool and kapok instead of latex noodles on one side of the pillow. That allowed me to flip it during the night and evaluate each side for comfort and support.

Feel free to peruse my pillow journey here. There may actually be a hybrid in there somewhere. I have so many pillows that I sometimes forget what I have, or what I’ve created!

If I think of something else, I will be certain to pass it along.

All the best,

Maverick