Warranty Claim Credit towards Sealy/Stearn's & Foster

Both the Sealy and S&F have edge to edge coil with reinforced edge coil construction. Sealy Fairmont Luxury Firm

My only extra opinion is those micro coils in the lumbar region. If they are anything like what Beautyrest’s use, they will work against you, not for you. It looks like they are about a 1/2" which quite honestly is very uninspiring. Remember, a mattress is only as good as its weakest layer. When that weak link goes, everything else will react and there is nothing that can reverse the failure.

The one thing I missed the first time around is that you are both over 200lbs. If you remember me talking about my experience, I was 250 at the time and now 220. Once you are in that weight class, in my mind it changes things. The importance of an exceptionally good support spring layer plays a much larger role in this play.

It is important to take 5 and contact Tempur/Sealy and ask some questions about the gauge of the springs, density of the foams, and flat out ask them, if they recommend these two units for larger folks.

The reviews I have read over recent years do not seem to be a favorable team of some of the S&F or Sealy’s, BR and larger folks. Before you make any decision, I would have a talk with them and ask them (not your salesperson) what the best mattress is they make for two side sleepers over 200lbs+. I would be curious if you would get an answer that is coherent. I am not trying to be pessimistic, as I was leaning towards that S&F at that $2000 price tag minus your $600 credit. I could see where it would make sense for you. But you threw in the curve ball. And now we really don’t know a lot about any of these mattresses’ technical features, other than that Sealy has uninspiring micocoils.

Please, take a breather, and work on it for one more day and try to gather some more information.

Best of luck to you,

Norm

I mentioned this trusted member from the Canadian market. I did not carefully review this link, but on the surface, it articulates building a mattress for larger side sleepers. Just as a point of reference. Remember, you can remove a solid foam core and replace it with a good quality spring support layer and get similar, if not better results long term for larger folks. It is all about the quality.

MFC Heavier Sleepers

1 Like