About the Talk To The Experts category

ASK AN EXPERT Dedicated Forums

Here consumers can connect with the most experienced and knowledgeable experts in the mattress industry.

This Forum section provides consumers with direct access to TMU Expert Members for any questions related to the Expert’s main area of expertise or questions related to the products they carry.
Please select one of the Expert Members below to ask your question, then click on “New Topic” to start a new topic discussion with the Expert.

Hi! No idea if I am asking this in the proper section but here goes (please let me know if I should paste it somewhere else!)….

I want to replace my 11 year old tempurpedic with a firm mattress (no longer memory foam, coiled do you call them?) that has either a 2” topper (is that the term?!) built in or buy one separately… Correct me if I’m wrong but the latter seems to make more sense, since I assume the topper will eventually flatten so you can just replace the topper rather than the whole mattress :woman_shrugging:)… Can anyone tell me what to look for if that is the set up I am wanting? I’ve barely glanced at mattress and holy cow there are a million variations nowadays!

I don’t care as much about the cost as I do finding the right mattress/set up. My handicapped daughter is fully dependent on the health of my back and I believe it’s being compromised by my current mattress. (I trust my back dr implicitly and he is recommending this change).

Thank you so much for your advice!

Jamie